Quken can provide product in a variety of forms and dimensions. We can cut, slit, shear, or center less grind Molybdenum to your exact specifications, and we also have tremendous versatility when it comes to custom sizes, packages, and unusual materials.
Molybdenum is a refractory metal with symbol Mo and the atomic number 42, which is very useful in many industrial processes and applications that would not be possible with many of the more common metals and alloys. Refractory metals and alloys are extraordinarily resistant to heat and have unique physical properties.
|Atomic Mass||95.94 g·mol -1|
|Electronegativity According to Pauling||1.8|
|Density||10.2 g.cm-3 at 20°C|
|Melting Point||2610 °C|
|Boiling Point||4825 °C|
|Vanderwaals Radius||0.139 nm|
|Ionic Radius||0.068 nm (+4) ; 0.06 nm (+6)|
|Electronic Shell||[ Kr ] 4d5 5s1|
|Energy of First Ionization||651 kJ.mol -1|
|Standard Potential||- 0.2 V|
Molybdenum is very useful in many high temperature conditions where high melting points are required. Molybdenum also shows good strength at high temperatures making molybdenum useful in furnace, aerospace, and similar applications. Also Molybdenum's good thermal and electrical conductivity and low coefficient of expansion make it a useful metal in electronic/electrical and glass-to-metal sealing applications.
Molybdenum metal is used in:
• Electrodes for electrically heated glass furnaces and forehearths.
• Nuclear energy applications, as missile and aircraft parts (where high temperature resistance is vital).
• As a catalyst in the refining of petroleum.
• As a filament material in electronic/electrical applications.
• As a support member in radio and light bulbs.
• Arc resistant electric contacts.
• Thermocouple sheaths
• Flame- and corrosion-resistant coatings for other metals (generally arc deposited for metallizing)
Molybdenum Alloy Wire
Molybdenum Rod & Bar
Molybdenum Alloy Rod & Bar
Molybdenum Alloy Foil
Molybdenum Sheet & Plate
Molybdenum Alloy Sheet & Plate
Molybdenum Alloy Tube
Molybdenum Sputtering Target
Molybdenum Alloy Sputtering Target
Molybdenum Heat Shields
Molybdenum Machining Parts
Molybdenum Alloy Machining Parts