Molybdenum (Mo, atomic number: 42) is very useful in many high temperature conditions where high melting points are required, and also the good thermal and electrical conductivity and low coefficient of expansion make molybdenum a useful metal in electronic/electrical and glass-to-metal sealing applications.
Molybdenum Typical Applications:
• Electrodes for electrically heated glass furnaces and forehearths.
• Nuclear energy applications, as missile and aircraft parts (where high temperature resistance is vital).
• As a catalyst in the refining of petroleum.
• As a filament material in electronic/electrical applications.
• As a support member in radio and light bulbs.
• Arc resistant electric contacts.
• Thermocouple sheaths.
• Flame-resistant and corrosion-resistant coatings for other metals (generally arc deposited for metallizing).
Quken can provide molybdenum products in a variety of forms and dimensions. We can cut, slit, shear, or center less grind molybdenum to your exact specifications, and we also have tremendous versatility when it comes to custom sizes, packages, and unusual materials.